Precautions Against Coronavirus at Afrotherapy Hair Salon in Edmonton
In light of the current Coronavirus situation, we are taking a common sense approach and would like things to continue as normal as much as is possible during these challenging times. We are following government guidelines and are, as always, maintaining our exceptional levels of hygiene in the salon.
To reassure our loyal and valued clients, we will NOT be closing the salon during the current situation status.
Afrotherapy Hair Salon Precautions Against Coronavirus
We are ensuring that cleanliness is our number one priority in our Edmonton hair salon and all staff are working together to ensure that:
- All kit is sterilised after every client
- The salon is cleaned with bleach and antibacterial products, including areas which are regularly touched, such as door handles, toilet flushes, taps and card machine
- All staff are taking personal hygiene seriously by following government guidelines to avoid catching or spreading germs
- Antibacterial hand wash or sanitiser gels are available for use by clients visiting the salon
- We are giving the salon a deep clean on a regular basis
Please do not be offended if you see staff cleaning the station before or after your appointment, this is an important step that we are taking in the salon throughout the day.
Before Your Appointment at Afrotherapy Hair Salon
Before making or attending an appointment at our salon, please ask yourself the following questions:
- Have you travelled abroad or to any locations that have been affected by the corona virus?
- Do you have any cold or flu-like symptoms?
- Are you, or is anyone close to you, feeling unwell?
If so, please seek medical advice. Please also call the salon on 01323 471147.
What Can You Do?
Medical professionals have advised that during this time you should actively ensure that you :
- Wash your hands with soap and water often and for at least 20 seconds
- Wash your hands when you get home or arrive at work
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth with a tissue or your sleeve when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell (1 metre has been suggested)
- Do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
If you concerned about being unwell, please seek medical advice.
Please also call our salon on 020 8345 5621 to let us know if you need to rearrange your appointment.
We value your co-operation. Thank you.