Weaves at Afrotherapy Salon, London
At Afrotherapy Salon, London we believe that the addition of hair extensions can transform your look entirely – enhancing volume, length and even adding dashes of colour. Whether you dream of big, bouncy, vibrant tresses, or pine for sleek, more manageable locks, the dedicated team of hair extension specialists at Afrotherapy Salon, London are here to ensure that all your hair dreams become a reality. We offer several methods of hair extension application for afro and mixed-race hair types at our award winning North London Salon, one of the most popular being the ‘weaving’ technique. It is imperative that you have your hair extensions fitted by a trained professional, as poor application of this technique can result in damage to the hair. With our expertise and vast knowledge of mixed race/multi-textured and afro-hair you are in safe hands.
Weaving – How Does it Work?
The ‘weaving’ technique is an incredibly versatile and protective form of hair extension application. This trusted method has been around for centuries, and includes sewing on wefted hair extensions to your natural hair once they have been carefully braided into ‘tracks’. Whether your own hair is relaxed or natural, weaving is a discreet method of applying additional hair. Your new hair only truly begins to take form once it has been fitted. It is paramount that your new weave is cut, blended and styled by your Afrotherapy stylist. Bare in mind that this style won’t grow out- the beauty of a weave is that, once fitted, you have the power to select what style is best suited to your complexion and face shape – with the expert guidance of your Afrotherapy hair stylist, It is not hard to see why celebrities such as Rihanna, Beyoncé and even Michelle Obama are all fans of the weave – a fantastic, pain-free way of trying out different styles and hair colours, as well as keeping up with the latest hair trends such as ombré and balayage. Some other benefits of weaves include:
- No heat
- No glue
- Natural finish
- Add length
- Add volume
- Can wash/style as normal
- Can promote natural hair growth
Do You Recommend Any Specific Type of Hair?
Clients can bring their hair of choice or our experts at Afrotherapy Salon, Edmonton can offer you advice and help you with your hair selection. At Afrotherapy Salon we appreciate that each client has a different budget. Our hair extension experts have worked with a variety of different hair types, and are happy to fit hair that you have brought in to us. We do, however, strongly recommend that you invest in a high quality 100% human hair weft, in order to achieve the most natural looking, long lasting results possible.
How Should I Care For My Weave?
You should treat your new tresses with care like you would your own hair and avoid the over-use of heat intensive styling tools.
- Always detangle the hair before applying any water on the weave
- Use a heat protector when heat styling your weave
- Tie your weave with a silk scarf when you sleep to maintain the hair so that it stays looking nice and fresh for longer
- You can do a deep conditioning treatment on your weave every 4 weeks
- Remember to make sure the cornrows under the weave are completely dry after you have shampooed your weave as this may cause your own hair to tangle and get matted
- If you do colour your hair, especially using bleach or a permanent colour, make sure you do a treatment after to get the hair back to its natural silky texture as the colour will dry out the hair (apply conditioner and leave for 30-45minutes).
- Although you can shampoo the weave, you shouldn’t do it too frequently as this will cause the hair to dry out due to excessive water, unless you are going to be deep conditioning the weave frequently too
- When heat styling, make sure the tools you are using are not too hot as this will cause damage to the hair (remember to treat your virgin hair weave as you would your own hair)
- Don’t colour the hair too frequently, as this will reduce the life span of your weave. It will start to dry out and shed just as your own hair would
- Don’t wear your weave for longer than 8 weeks, as this will cause damage to your own hair and, in particular, the hair line.
What Other Type of Extensions Services Do You Provide?
We offer the full range of hair extension and weave services for afro hair at our London salon including Twists, Braiding & Extensions, Bonding, Kinky twists, Marley braids, Havana braids and Afro Kinky. Please call us for more information and to book a consultation 020 8345 5621.