Skip to content
How To Keep Your Natural Curls Moist
- Make sure to make time to give your hair some attention
- Put the moisture into your curls by using a moisturising shampoo such as Mizani moisture fusion milk bath shampoo
- Using a moisturising conditioner such as Mizani moisture fusion silk cream conditioner will help replenish the hair and restore definition
- If your hair is super dry, invest in a weekly moisture treatment such as Moroccanoil moisture treatment or add some essential oils such as baobab or jojoba oil to your normal conditioner
- Don’t forget to use a good moisturiser after washing such as Jane Carter hair nourishing cream.
How To Stop Your Curly Hair Breaking
- Detangling can be time consuming but if you do it right you can save both time and avoid breakage
- Try using a Tangle Teezer and a wide tooth comb
- Detangling in the shower, with conditione,r and also detangling from tip to root are all techniques that help minimise breakage
- Products that help with the detangling process include: Mizani’s d’tangle and for kids and Phyto Specific’s magic detangling spray
- Keeping stress levels low and maintaining a healthy lifestyle will help reduce and prevent breakage and fall outs.
How To Get Smooth Silky Straight Hair With Flat Ironing
- Use a good heat protector to protect your hair from the high heat. Thermasmooth Smooth Guard Serum is great and leaves your hair smooth and frizz free
- To get a silky smooth finish that last for days, you can invest in a smoothing mask. Products such as Moroccanoil Smoothing Mask help keep your hair tamed for longer, saving you time.
- Invest in a good pair of straighteners such as ghd Eclipse that will last you a long time.
How To Look After Your Scalp For Healthy Hair
- A healthy scalp means healthy hair
- If you suffer from a dry scalp try and do pre-poo’s when you have time (pre-poo is when you apply conditioner prior to shampooing your hair to add moisture)
- Mizani’s Scalp Relief Shampoo works wonders on the scalp, soothing and cleansing at the same time for instant relief
- If your scalp is itchy and irritated, try to avoid build up of oils and products. Wash regularly, ensure your scalp can breathe and avoid doing tight hairstyles too often
- Regular washes help tremendously, especially if you have an active lifestyle e.g. if you are in a sports team or exercise regularly.
How To Keep Your Afro Hair Looking Good
- It may sound odd but you can promote hair growth by getting regular trims because your hair will be less prone to breakage
- Eating well helps promote hair growth
- Avoiding tight hair styles and also heavy extensions
- Try and have an in-salon hair conditioning treatment once a month. At Afrotherapy we offer some amazing moisturising, strengthening and reconstructive hair treatments
- Talk to your stylist about what you want to achieve with your hair so you can work together using a plan of action.