All You Need to Know About Proteins by Afrotherapy Hair Salon, Edmonton
Afro curly hair has a more difficult journey when compared to straight hair, and keeping it healthy requires a slightly different hair care maintenance plan. With all the information online regarding the do’s and don’ts getting healthy hair, it can be confusing understanding how to look after Afro Curly hair. However, it doesn’t have to be this way. At Afrotherapy hair salon in Edmonton, our skilled hair stylists are experts in Afro hair. We offer wonderful protein treatments to get your natural hair back into shape. Continue reading more to find out about what proteins do for natural hair.
To book yourself in for a hair strengthening protein treatment or to find out more about which treatment will best for your hair book an appointment by calling us on 020 8345 5621.
What Do Proteins Do to Your Afro Curly Hair?
Hair is primarily made up of protein filaments, called keratin, along with chains of amino acids. Proteins are important as they work by penetrating both the exterior and interior of the hair shaft. Afro curly hair tends to have too much protein, hence it’s thick, strong structure.
Proteins also aid with strengthening the hair and reducing any weakness caused by environmental stressors, chemical treatments etc. As they penetrate deep into the strand they give strength to the hair and can even temporarily reverse damage. This is especially true because a high percentage of proteins are absorbed by the hair and then remain within the hair for some.
How To Tell If Your Hair Needs Moisture or Protein?
If your curls are getting looser or look damaged from over processing, then it is sure to require some treatment. Most likely your hair will feel light and breaks easily, this is because it’s lacking the protein that gives it strength and structure.
Protein Treatments At Afrotherapy Hair Salon in Edmonton
All Afrotherapy in-salon treatment services include a complimentary head massage for a luxurious and relaxing salon experience.
1. Deep Conditioning Treatment A moisturing and conditioning treatment for afro hair designed to infuse the hair with moisture leaving it soft and manageable.
2. Custom Blend Treatment A customised treatment for dry or breaking afro hair.
3. Scalp Care Treatment A soothing treatment for relieving dry or itchy scalp. This service is designed for clients with moderate to severe scalp problems and has been developed to regulate problematic scalps and promote healthy looking hair.
4. Renew Strength Treatment A 3-step customised treatment for clients needing a treatment for moderate to severely damaged afro hair. This customisable system will reconstruct weak, damaged hair as well as increase the elasticity and strength of the afro or multitextured hair.
5. Moisturfusion Treatment The Moisturfusion Ultra Hydrating System helps restore and bind moisture to the hair with four high-performance relaxer formulas. Created to work in synergy, each formula targets specific layers of the hair to instantly replenish moisture, add silkiness and improve manageability from the inside out.
6. Au Naturel Treatment The Au Naturel Treatment is a customised blend of moisture, protein and oils which revitalise natural hair. With prices for additional treatment services from £15.00, complete your salon experience and treat your hair to a relaxing, rejuvenating treatment from our extensive menu at your next appointment at our London Hair Salon, Afrotherapy.