During October, at Afrotherapy Hair Salon we are all getting involved with fundraising and raising awareness of breast cancer for Breast Cancer Care UK. This includes selling pink cupcakes, pink ribbon pins and wearing our pink Breast Cancer Care T-shirts.
Hair care after Cancer treatment and chemotherapy is a small and for some a big step towards getting your confidence back. There may be some questions or concerns that you may have regarding hair growth and hair care after Cancer. Here are some pointers and answered questions that may help in your journey to healthy beautiful hair:
Growing Your Hair Back After Chemotherapy Hair Loss
- There are a lot of things you may not realise about hair regrowth after Cancer until it happens. Everyone has different experiences. Be positive and have fun with your short hair.
- Your hair may not grow back like it used to; some have experienced different growth patterns and even drastically different hair colours and textures after Cancer treatment.
- There is a lot of support available from local groups and help lines. Don’t be afraid to share your journey with others.
Hair Loss – Stylish Looks You Can Rock
- Elaborate earrings and head jewellery
- The bald look
Hair Care Tips To Promote Healthy Hair Growth
- The new hair may grow back very fine and brittle so use castor oil on your scalp to promote thicker hair growth.
- Head massages will help improve blood circulation to the hair follicles.
- Eating a healthy and balanced diet and exercising will also help speed up overall healing and hair growth.
- Visiting your hair salon and getting regular treatments.
- Find a hair stylist that you can talk to about your progress and hair care plan for the future to give you reassurance and increase positivity.
To leave a comment or ask a question - click here