Obsessed With Love Island? The Afro Hair Specialists at Afrotherapy Salon in London Discuss Samira’s Weave
There’s no doubt about it, we’re all a little bit obsessed with Love Island. Can Megan or Josh be trusted? Is it true love for Dani and Jack? Will Samira and Frankie be together on ‘the outside’?
But while everyone else is talking about the various couplings in the villa, the team here at our black & afro hair salon in London, are all talking about Samira’s weave.
Love Island’s Samira’s Weave – Would It Have Lasted?
We must confess that we let out a group sigh of relief when Samira Mighty left the Love Island villa. Not because we have anything against her, but because we were fearing for her hair! The harsh truth is that a weave does not mix well with the heat or water… which is why none of us can recall seeing Samira in that pool. Samira left her own hair around the hairline which she then had to blend in with her hair extensions to give a lovely smooth appearance. All that heat, plus the scorching sun, do not make for good hair. While Samira left the villa of her own accord to be with her new love, Frankie, we think she also showed her hair a great deal of love in removing herself from the sun!
Hair Weave Advice from Afrotherapy Hairdressers in Edmonton, London – The Hair Salon for Black & Bi-Racial Women
- Always detangle the hair before applying any water on the weave
- Use a heat protector when heat styling your weave
- Tie your weave with a silk scarf when you sleep to maintain the hair so that it stays looking fresh
- Have a deep conditioning treatment on your weave every 4 weeks
- Make sure the cornrows under the weave are completely dry after you have shampooed your weave
- Don’t shampoo your weave too frequently
- Avoid excessively heating your hair with styling tools or hairdryers
- Don’t colour the hair too frequently, as this will reduce the life span of your weave
- Don’t wear your weave for longer than 8 weeks, as this will cause damage to your own hair and, in particular, the hair line.
Book Your Weave or Hair Extensions Appointment at Afrotherapy Hair Salon in Edmonton
We can create volume, length and body to your natural hair by adding a weave or hair extensions. Book in for a consultation at the best afro hairdressing salon in North London so we can discuss the look you want. Call Afrotherapy Hair Salon on 0208 345 5621 or book online here.