Winter has finally arrived so here are some top tips on how to keep your afro hair (whether natural or relaxed) healthy and easy to maintain during the change in season.
- During the winter months, it’s a great idea to treat your hair (both natural hair and relaxed hair) once a week to a deep conditioning treatment. This will help to replenish the moisture, which tends to get depleted. Try Phytospecific’s exceptional mask for ultra- damaged, brittle & dry hair or the Phytospecific curl hydration mask for those with natural curls.
- Keep washing your hair to a minimum – two to three times a week. This will prevent your hair from drying out too much. Always make sure you dry your hair before you leave the house.
- Regular trims are a great way to keep your hair in good health during the winter months as well – every six to eight weeks, just get a light dusting of the ends to help reduce the chance of split ends.
- Invest in a hair oil like Mizani’s supreme Hair Oil or Phytospecific’s baobab oil. These oils can be used on wet hair to blow-dry in, or as a smoother and shine oil on dry hair.
- Natural hair tends to get dryer quicker so to keep your curls hydrated using the Phytospecific integral hydration mist is great for adding moisture in between washes.